I'm definitely spreading the book and author love today as I'm handing over to another lovely author now. The House on Rectory Lane by Stuart James was published yesterday and I'm thrilled to welcome Stuart to The Hippo today so that you can find out a little bit more about him and his fantastic sounding new book!
Jake and Kate live in Camden, London and have had enough of the hassle with parking, overbooked restaurants and burglaries.
After an altercation with a stranger who pulls a knife on Jake, they take their son Sean, and move to a house in the woods.
It’s their dream home, or so they think.
People in the village warn them they shouldn’t have come.
Neighbours are over friendly and who was the face at the window Kate saw late at night?
They find a tape hidden in the loft of their new house, a home made video recording of the previous family, the Prescotts.
What they view, chills them to the bone.
They realise that the family living there before them have disappeared and now, they could be next......
* * * *
I'm REALLY looking forward to diving into this one over the holidays! But what about the man behind the book?
Lovely readers, it gives me great pleasure to introduce you all to Stuart James.
|Photo courtesy of Stuart James|
My real name is Stuart Dunne but I prefer my first 2 names, hence, Stuart James.
I have only started writing this year and have just finished my second book, The House on Rectory Lane, a scary thriller.
I live in Bushey, Hertfordshire and am married with 2 children.
1. As a child, I played Irish music. I learned the wooden flute firstly, then learned the piano accordion, which was a bit of a pain as it was difficult to cart around due to the wait of it, lol. I played traditional Irish music, jigs, reels etc and entered a whistling, yes, (with my mouth) competition and won the English championship which even today, I don’t know how I won.
2. I am a huge fan of magic. I teach my children tricks and am forever looking to master new tricks. I was also a part of WAM, which is the Watford Association of Magic. My dad was also a great magician, he’d walk down the road and turn into a pub. ha ha.
3. I’m a singer/songwriter and have appeared on capital and Virgin radio.
4. I sang in a pub band in London for around 20 years and back in 1999, we won the best live band in Britain with a national newspaper.
5. We appeared on BBC1 a few years ago on a tv talent show hosted by John Barrowman and we ended up winning the show. Yes, there is a video and you can watch it here!
6. I’m a plumber by trade and have worked for around 20 years doing this. I enjoy the work but would love to be a full time author.
7. I started writing after seeing a tweet from Mark Edwards saying how much he loved his life as an author. He was sat outside in the sun and doing something he loved. I said to myself, I’m going to write a book. I told my kids and after they stopped writing, I wrote my first book, The Mortuary.
8. I’m a huge horror/thriller fan and only ever watch or read these type of books. I love Stephen King, Linwood Barclay, Harlen Coben and am a huge reading fan.
9. I am married with 2 children. I love being at home and hate to be on my own.
10. My hobbies are reading, keeping fit, watching box sets, Ozark, Bloodlines and Tin Star are my favourite this year. I also love listening to music and my favourite type is jazz. My favourite film ever is Road house.
* * * *
I'm impressed, not only does Stuart write, he could fix your leaking tap, know which card you chose from a full deck and sing you a song while he does it!!
The House on Rectory Lane is available to download now and you can find out even more about Stuart, his books and connect with him using the links below:
I'd like to thank Stuart for stopping by today and I'd like to wish him lots of success with his new book. There will be a review of it here on The Hippo hopefully very soon! 😉