Sunday 7 February 2016

Behind Closed Doors - B A Paris


Behind Closed Doors is the kind of book where you know almost straight away that's somethings not quite right but it's nothing that you can put your finger on straight away.

Grace and Jack are, from the outside, the perfect couple with the perfect life and they are the envy of their friends. Jack is a charming and successful lawyer and Grace is always by his side. Always.

The story is told by Grace  and it goes from past to present so that you find out how she met Jack a year previously and see how their relationship develops.

The more you read, the more you are pulled in to Grace's claustrophobic life. Why can't anyone ever reach her on the phone? Why is she never available for lunch out with the girls? How does she stay so thin when she cooks such wonderful food? The answers to all of these questions and more soon become apparent and they are terrifying.

For a debut novel B A Paris has written a breath-taking story which I devoured in an afternoon and a book that I think truly deserves to be classed as a psychological thriller. I loved the way the tension built up and I was filled with trepidation the whole way through and as I was getting near the end I found myself reading faster and faster so that I could find out how it was going to end. As I read the last sentence I could feel a smile coming to my lips but of course I'm not going to tell you why, but what I will say is that if you're a fan of this genre you simply must read this book.

Behind Closed Doors is published on 11th February and you can pre-order your copy here.

With kind thanks to NetGalley and publishers Mira UK for the review copy.




2 comments:

  1. Wow Neats you've made me go and click on this now! As if I've not got enough books to read. Lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev x x I promise you won't regret it. Happy reading :)

      Delete